The illegal shots
Journalists, politicians and NGO representatives were allegedly victims of illegal shootings carried out by the uniformed men.
In total, 11 Army officers were removed from their posts and a brigadier general requested voluntary withdrawal due to the scandal.
According to the investigation of the Semana magazine, the sources of several journalists were also persecuted.
In this weekend’s edition, new sections of the research will be made public.
Among the victims of the illegal shootings would be communicators, politicians and human rights defenders.
According to Semana, some of the journalists they were following up on are:
- Human Rights Watch director José Miguel Vivanco
- National Public Radio Correspondent John Otis
- Wall Street Journal correspondent Juan Forero
- Photographer Stephen Ferry
- Time journalists Lynsey Addario
- From Noticias Caracol, María Alejandra Villamizar
- RCN Radio director Yolanda Ruiz
- The director of Univisión, Daniel Coronell
- The deputy director of Noticias Uno, Ignacio Gómez
- The editor of the El Tiempo Data Unit, Ginna Morelo
- The journalist of the Nation of Publimetro Colombia, Esperanza Arias
- Journalists from The League Against Silence
In addition, they followed up on lawyers and union centers in the country.
According to the Week complaint, there would be more than 130 profiles in which there are folders of political figures.
In other words, Senators Gustavo Bolívar, Angélica Lozano and Antonio Sanguino appear.